There are hundreds of marketing tactics to choose from and it can be difficult to know where to focus your efforts. We have helped many businesses across different sectors plan the best strategies and achieve real results. This series of case studies gives practical, real examples of how the right approach can help you achieve your business objectives.
Improving Pay Per Click Results for an Auto Service Centre
A vehicle servicing garage in Hounslow, London, came to us wanting to increase the number of cars rolling into the workshop for a full, major or interim service.
The company were frustrated with their previous agency, who did not communicate well enough and left the garage in the lurch when it came to results from their ad campaigns.
Eventually the relationship fizzled out, but fortunately for the garage we were on hand to offer our expertise and support.
The eventual goal for the garage was to be bringing in two bookings a day within six months.
What we did
As the client already had a Google Ads account, the challenge was different to that of a client that’s never tried search advertising before.
Our job was to go into the account to see where it could be optimised and improved to get the result the client was looking for.
The approach we took involved these 4 steps:
- We looked into the account and analysed the keywords currently being bid on. We then experimented using different keyword match types to extend the reach of the campaign, whilst we also began a painstaking process of removing irrelevant keywords. Alongside this, we conducted keyword research using a multitude of tools to coordinate the searching habits of Google users with the client’s service.
- We then tried and tested new ad copy. We used punchy signals and brand hooks to attract the attention of searchers and convert them into enquiries. Because of the nature of the business (and thanks in part to our analytical research), we appreciated that a lot of searchers would be using their mobile devices, so we optimised our ads and calls-to-actions for mobile.
- Because we were limited with what we could do on their current website whilst the client finished their web contract with their previous agency, we created a sub-site that connected to their main site, but which allowed us to create a focused and targeted web page that people would land on when they clicked our ads. The new page contained strong call-to-actions and a considered user-flow across the page. This meant we could give searchers the information they were looking for making them more likely to convert with a phone call and potential booking. We also analysed user-behaviour so we could see how people were interacting with the page and what they were doing in a way the client hadn’t experienced before. This enabled us to further improve the page.
- By measuring and testing on a month-by-month basis we have made several significant changes, including separating different search intents down into different ad groups, which meant the client was spending less for more relevant clicks. We report on the key statistics to the client and suggest strategic or structural changes to the ads on a regular basis – meaning we are never resting on our laurels.
In 3 months our client had 101 conversions at a cost of £2,000. With an average order value of £200, this means their return on investment was tenfold.
It means over a conversion a day, and we’re getting closer and closer to the client’s original goal of two conversions a day, and we’ve only been running the campaign for a short period.
If you are a business owner and would like your marketing to achieve more, then get in contact for a chat.