What is Snapchat marketing and why you should keep an eye on it?
Snap what, who, where, why, chat? You may have seen this cute little ghost before and he is beginning to crop up more and more. So, what actually is Snapchat? Should you be using it? And what benefit does being active on Snapchat have for your business? In this blog post, I am going to delve into the mysterious world of Snapchat marketing and highlight the pros it could add to your marketing strategy.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat was once a platform for teens and young adults to share a cheeky selfie that would disappear in seconds. Snapchat has now moved on from that in leaps and bounds and has transformed into an incredible marketing tool!
Snapchat is a mobile app that gives users the opportunity to share pictures or videos for a chosen time frame with any of their contacts, fan base or in a Snapchat story. These pictures/videos can be drawn on, written on or even have filters applied to manipulate the users face in a comical way, like in this sneaky picture of our MD Henry!
What are Snapchat stories?
Due to its ever-growing popularity, Snapchat eventually gave its users the opportunity to have their own newsfeed-like option in the form of Snapchat stories. Snapchat stories give the user the ability to posts videos and images that remain on their profile for 24hrs. These stories are also automatically viewable to all their friends!
What value does Snapchat marketing add to my business?
- Gives you an extra platform to market to your target audience and most importantly reach those that may otherwise be unreachable.
- Helps you warm up potential business leads in a fun and quirky manner.
- Lets you connect directly with influencers to promote your brand! (Similar to Instagram)
- Gives you the opportunity to share your company persona; fun, creative and artsy posts work a treat on this platform.
- Has a range of advertising options to suit different businesses from small to large and according to its research, Snapchat’s ads receive 5 times the interaction than ads on any other network.
Read about the endless possibilities of Snapchat ads here – https://forbusiness.snapchat.com/ad-products/
“Should I be using Snapchat?”
This quirky little app isn’t for everyone and it does have a specific target audience, so in short, if your product or service is aimed at people between 16 and 34 then Snapchat is definitely worth exploring.
- Did you know that a shocking 1 in 3 Snapchat users are not active on Facebook?
- Snapchat users are loyal – 50% of Snapchat users are not on Instagram.
Snapchat is becoming the go-to social media platform for reaching millennials. If you’re not active on Snapchat, you could be missing out on endless marketing opportunities and losing out to your competitors.
We would love to get your thoughts on Snapchat! Drop us a comment below and let us know what you think.
Struggling to keep up to date With Your Social Channels?